Arggg! Don’t want to jinx it but I think I’m finally putting my latest flare behind me. This was a tough one; I’m talking about widespread chronic pain everywhere. Even had to use crutches to get around.
When I was a kid I had to use crutches for a few years. They were like second nature to me…then again so were the painful palms and chaffed underarm areas from using them. I remember thinking…man I hope I never have to use those again.
Here it is thirty-something years later. Turns out I did and quite likely will have to again. Silver lining? Seems using crutches is like riding a bike, no matter how long it’s been you don’t forget how to use them. Well, I didn’t anyway.
Enough about my latest go-round with chronic pain, how about a little time out for some happy thoughts? Hmmm ok, here are two…my new flamingo ladies that hubby bought me and Buck the guinea pig helping me out with some typing.
So I guess what I’m getting at (or trying to anyway) is that though chronic pain is an everyday part of life at least the flares come and GO. There is always some kind of relief (or reprieve) on the horizon.
In the meantime, I find that it’s sometimes the silliest things (like my ladies above) that can take your mind off the chronic pain and make you smile for at least a little while.
Just a few of my nifty things
Hmmm…that makes me wonder, is it possible that my husband and kids realized this before I did?
Lately, I’ve been getting some really nifty, silly n’ fun gifts. My desk and shelves are filling up with some interesting goodies that work wonders at distracting me from my constant companion aka “chronic pain”.
My Husband & Daughters make me smile. I really am lucky, aren’t I? Right mustn’t forget the pets; they make me smile too…
- Dee Ohh Gee the dog RIP baby boy xox
- Piggly Wiggly the Queen of skinny pigs
- Skuttle Bug the bunny rabbit
- Rowena the red eyed guinea pig
- Gopher the sweetest guinea pig EVER
- Gizmo the squeaker guinea pig
- Herbert the hedgehog RIP sweety xox
- Buck the typing guinea pig
- Bippity Boppity Boo Morgeana George Walter (that’s one name) the skinny pig
- Crispy Bacon the skinnny pig – for the record I protested this name! RIP miss you xox
- Pippa our rescue skinny pig was with us a short time but we loved her very much RIP xox
Fibro Women Blogs
Chronic Woman Blogs
Chronic Illness Blogs
Official Fibromyalgia Blogs